28.2.06

Peeping Stockholm

Have you ever been to Stockholm?

I think it is the most beautiful city in Europe… with its many little islands, the atmospheric Gamla Stan, all its beautiful bridges…




However my memories might be a bit coloured by the circumstances under which I first visited Stockholm… I was doing my Erasmus in Finland and - to put it bluntly – Finland has no real “city”… Helsinki comes close, but still is a provincial town compared to the grandeur of Stockholm. Me and my friend Maria decided to embark on a hitch-hiking adventure leaving from Turku in Finland, via Vaasa to Umea and then down to Stockholm… So after hitchhiking more than 1000 km through Finnish and Swedish nowhere-ness, you suddenly arrive in this magnificent stylish metropolis.

Why do I mention this now? Because Joris is leaving tomorrow to go there for the weekend, to work with the internationally acclaimed “Peeping Tom” dance-theatre company for their performances in Stockholm... Lucky bastard…




PS: If you ever have the chance of going to see one of the performances of this theatre, it's definitely worth it! check here

4 opmerkingen:

Naldy zei

Hello! I found your blog in blogspot.com.
I have a friend and he is working in Denmark. He was here in the Netherlands. But now he wants to have a house in Stockholm to bring his girl.
Nice to see the pictures of the city.

Sarah zei

Don't forget to drink some hot chocolate at "Sjokoladskoppen"!! Hmmm.. :)

E. Stilker zei

I'm already counting the days when I can go back to the city where my heart lies (apart from Antwerp)

Anoniem zei

mmmm, I wish I could go back to that wild life, and not be slave of work...