26.6.06

Retiring

No, i am not yet retiring, but my father is... he is officially retired now... at first i felt a bit strange with that whole idea. My father - in my eyes - has always been away for work and now that has finished... guess that it is another sign that tells me we're all getting older...
but so far for the phylosophical side of things; on a more practical note: the following question:


This saturday my father organises his retirement-party for the family and friends. I want to do something funny/special, but I seem to lack the inspiration to find something good. Maybe a song? or i was thinking about a funny auction with his old desk-materials (a cup, a pen, an old pc, etc.) but how can u make such a thing funny? any ideas?

2 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

Ok folks i'm going to do this in Dutch because it would be rather complicated in English.

Dus, Kristofken, ik zou die veiling zéker doen!
Stal de waren uit, deel formulieren uit (of een "catalogus") op voorhand aan de mensen. Zorg dat ze alles al eens goed kunnen bekijken. Dat gaan ze op zich al grappig vinden. Schrijf ook op het blad om hoe laat de veiling begint. Jij zal dit zeker kunnen in goede banen leiden, zo'n veiling!

Je zou ook een assistent moeten hebben als dat kan, iemand die de "waren" toont en af gaat geven aan de mensen die het gekocht hebben.

Waarvoor ga je de opbrengst gebruiken? Begin met kleine bedragen: 10 cent, 20 cent, 1 euro. En daarna tournee generale met het geld?

Ik denk dat dit supertof wordt! Je kan ook mss zo'n nep-evaluatieformulier veilen, misschien een brooddoos enzo... Wordt keileuk!

Veel plezier ermee (want geef toe, het voorbereiden is half the fun!!)

x

Miss Scarlet zei

I hope I can retire young. Like, at 50 or something and then travel a lot.