29.10.07

Winter Changes

Together with the time, also in my mind a lot changed this weekend – perception wise that is… all that in only a couple of hours.

I had managed to prolong the summer-feeling until last Saturday, taking with me the hopes and lightness and energy you can get from summer; still wearing clothes too light for the season, still singing and whistling in the mornings (yes me!), having lunch on Saturdays outside on a terrace (which we really did until last Saturday);

But with the change of time came also a close encounter with a reality, which probably subconsciously I knew was coming (ok, I try to write it as cryptically as I can but the L-word is involved of course) and which changed a bit the future outlook;

All these strange and vague descriptions just to say that I had a lousy and terrible Sunday, that it’s raining today, that it’s getting darker earlier and yes, today, I’m not liking it!

But tomorrow I’ll be happy again, if I can only think that this change of time also means cozy evenings with friends and family playing games, Christmas-atmosphere (you all might hate it, I love it!), going on tour with the Proms, hot chocolate, grandmother’s waffles, and yes, as K said, in only 8 weeks days are starting to get longer again… so bring winter on… tomorrow.




ps: it's the song that counts, not the video :-)

2 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

denk aan al de leuke winterkleren die je nu terug kan dragen! en die heerlijke dineetjes die ik binnen een week of twee voor jullie kan klaarmaken in de nieuwe keuken! en aan de jazzy avondjes-met-dekentje! en aan de kerst-cadeautjes! en aan... hoera!!

Anoniem zei

chalalalalala la la boem boem
challalalalalaalaa

road... armarillooo

en nu allemaal :)

of denk aan Something inside so strong