9.1.07

let's go...

Well, it’s back in the office this week. And that after two weeks of absolutely doing nothing, hanging around, sleeping late… and on the good side: I really felt energized by this hibernation period. Only pity that this supplemental energy only lasted about a day :-s

During my two weeks holiday, I also discovered something new. Sure, I knew that it was there, but I never could be bothered to really look at it. In need for something intellectually challenging on television (hard to find at 2 o’clock at night) I put on the dvd of one of my all time favourite movies “Gosford Park”. I looked at the extra-features-menu and I suddenly saw “Director’s commentary on/off”. I never thought I could watch an entire movie listening to a director and producer talking about their movie, but it was really interesting… especially with this movie, which has so many storylines and details in it… It made me only appreciate the film and this great moviemaker, who unfortunately recently died, even more…

Tonight, since all Newyears-resolutions must start someday (and as per definition probably end in the nearby future as well), we will have our already third attempt tonight to go swimming (first attempt: swimming pool closed, second attempt: strike of the swimming-pool-employees)! In order to help our motivation, we this time solemnly pledged to go for drinks afterwards…

5 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

proficiat met het verbeteren van het waterwandelrecord... M-queen of the swimmingpool.PS Wel fijn om er in een salon naartoe gereden te worden he, dat verzachtte de pijn toch een beetje :)

Sarah zei

Hoe was het?? Is dat wasbord er al??

Sarah zei

Hoe was het?? Is dat wasbord er al??

Stoffel zei

tja, het was zwemmen he... wat me wel opviel was dat iedereen zo ongelukkig leek in het zwembad... en zo stilletjes zijn baantjes deed. geen spelende kinderen, bommetjes, glijbanen, etc... kmoest echt gewoon worden aan een 'functioneel' zwembad

Anoniem zei

Het zou voor minder!! Een zwembad is geen plaats om plezier te hebben. Baantjes trekken, dat moet er gedaan worden, niets anders!!