1.3.07

Baba Marta


Today - as you can see - I am wearing a red and white bracelet finished of with a star. Before you all start doubting my undisputed sense of fashion – I will explain this curious item of today’s wardrobe.

When I arrived at the office this morning, after my necessary morning coffee, our Bulgarian colleagues, who are on training here to learn new software, came round with these bracelets. Today, the first of March, in Bulgaria is apparently “Baba Marta”, and wearing this item brings good luck, fortune and health. It is a sign that spring will come soon and winter is over. (read more)

So (I don’t know if they really wish it to each other like this but: ) Happy Baba Marta!

2 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

a sign that spring will come soon and winter is over??? I already LOVE Baba Marta!

x

Anoniem zei

Voor u ook "Happy Baba Marta"!
Van Sissi