28.3.07

June


I am really blown away by the movie i watched yesterday. “Walk The Line” tells the story of Johnny Cash. But I was not really impressed, or at least not equally impressed with Joachim Phoenix’s performance, as I was with Reece Witherspoon’s characterisation of June Carter. In my humble opinion, she really carried the movie to a higher level and gave depth and warmth to this on-screen June Carter. I had never heard of June Carter before (shame on me) but I learned that she came from a very famous and talented musicians family and from early on had a singing career. Now I would really love to see a movie about her life, or perhaps a musical?

In the mean time spring has entered Antwerp, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to enjoy it much, since I had a bit of a cold these last few days, but hey, the sun shines – who is complaining? Only problem is that, when feeling physically limited (because of the cold) my mind feels restrained and on those moments i would love to thousand things (making music, going out, seeing friends, travel, etc.) but find myself frustrated on the couch... oh well, better days are coming!

5 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

echt een ZALIGE film he! en zo ne knappe gast!!!!

succes met de verkoudheid... Nasonex, jongen!

Anoniem zei

oh! that's why you were posting anything! Here, after a warm winter we are having lots of rain. And yes, i accepted the journey to B.

Stoffel zei

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anoniem zei

liar liar pants on fire. waar was je gisterenavond???? eh eh niet in de zetel... (of toch niet de hele tijd) kissiekiss

E. Stilker zei

I couldn't agree more, although I like Phoenix as well, it's very hard to "imitate" Cash.

If you listen to the original June & Johnny songs you will actually hear that Reese Witherspoon sings better that June Carter.