8.2.07

beast


Giving presentations is a bit like acting, I think. In front of an audience, getting your message across, trying to grasp the people’s attention. I think maybe that is why I like doing it so much.

Today I had to present the marketing-issues of my company to our affiliate managers from all around Europe. A mixed audience of engineery-kind-of-sales persons… not really the kind of personality I would consider myself as part of, but as a marketeer/advertising guy you have to be able to empathize with everybody.

Talking about acting, last night I went to see the musical “Beauty and the Beast”. It was the translated version of the international Disney musical… and in that translation were some non-intended hilarious moments (unfortunately only to explain to Dutch-speakers…). But – B&B being one of my favourite disney movies and with my deep passion for musicals and Disney– needless to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it!




And to end, once more, a promise to update this thing more regularly.
There I said it, now remind me enough to do so as well!

4 opmerkingen:

Miss K zei

give us an example of one of the hilarious translations? very curious now!
so how did the presentation go?

Anoniem zei

wow! I hate presentations. I never had to do one at work but even at school i hate them! Last time, I almost faint dwn i think... but i was not done to be infront of the camera, as you know. Hope evrything was OK, did they clap in the end? smile? laugh? did you sing something?

Anoniem zei

1. hollander die constant 'meisKE' zegt...
2.theme song 'Belle en het Beest' wordt 'Meisje en het Beest'
3. Dé hit: Kom erbij, kom erbij... wordt 'Kom er in kom er in...' (denk aan deze tekst in combinatie met een Peter Van De Velde die last heeft van een te hoog libido)
4...

Stoffel zei

i couldn't resist singing along with some of the songs - but when my neighbours gave clear signs of annoyance - i stopped... :-)