19.1.06

My kinda town

I love Edinburgh:
  • the flag on St. John's Church on Princess Street
  • Edinburgh Castle
  • Late night shopping (with 24 hrs supermarket)
  • the view from my office
  • saying “thanks” to the bus-driver
  • lots of international people (probably because of being foreigner myself)
  • Dean Village
  • Meeting lots of new people
  • The Highlands at the backdoor
  • The river/sea
  • Free digital television
  • Speaking English (or something that looks like it)
  • Getting visitors from Belgium
  • The weather (not being funny!)
  • Being a foreigner




What I would change in Edinburgh:

  • Move my entire family/friends to here
  • The barley/hops smell from the brewery
  • The banking system
  • The high accommodation prices
  • The we-don’t-give-change-on-Lothianbuses policy
  • Leith scum trashing my car... 4 times
  • Girls wearing summer tops on freezing cold winter nights on the street
  • Over-expensive trains
  • Pub- and restaurant chains
  • The unavoidable “where are you from – how long have you been here” conversation

Geen opmerkingen: