5.1.06

Rome

There are not many television shows these days that made want to stay at home, except for one... The BBC has broadcast these last weeks (yesterday was the last episode of the series alas) a historical drama series about the life in ancient Rome with the rise of Julius Caesar at its heart.





The power of the series lies in its combination of sublime acting, clever storylines and the mix of historical facts with personal drama and passion. Adding a fair amount of humour, sexy scenes and a wee bit of violence, "Rome" had everything a good television show needs...

I am still reading a book about Queen Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots, and struggling my way through the last chapters, i am beginning to look forward maybe reading something more about the history of Rome... History has always appealed to me and especially if I have a visual aide to help me making this sometimes dry history a bit more plastic. In the same that my interest in Queen Elizabeth started by seeing the movie Elizabeth and living in Scotland, I just feel that my next project might be Rome... and Italy is already long time on my holiday-destination-list...

if you want to know more, a few links for the surfing crowd :

BBC ROME
HBO ROME

Geen opmerkingen: