24.1.06

prepare to burn(s)

busy days!... I decided to organise tomorrow evening a Burns Dinner, a traditional Scottish party to commemorate the birthday of Robert Burns, the famous Scottish poet and writer.
A typical Burns dinner consists of eating Haggis, bagpipe music and reciting poems…


I have invited more or less 10 guests, and with Joris back in Belgium for a couple of days, all preparations are in my (hopefully) capable hands. I started this weekend with preparations – downloading celtic and scots music, yesterday I made the cock-a-leekie soup and tonight I will prepare the Cranachans (dessert).

Today i bought my potatoes and turnip (“raap” in dutch) to go with the Haggis. I will post some pics later this week with the outcome (if our kitchen isn’t burned down because of my cooking skills)

Which reminds me that my good friend Sarah send me this link to this great fashionable cooking website to do with potatoes (tatties as we like to call them here)! Enjoy

5 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

What a superbe idea!! I LOVE theme-parties and fancy dinners!! I wish I could come too.. :(

Stoffel zei

you are obviously more than welcome! :-)

E. Stilker zei

Have a dram of Single Malt on me!

Sarah zei

SO HOW WAS IT??? Tell me ALL about it! Did you find your fireplace-thingie for your computer?? xxx

Stoffel zei

Was super... only my mashed turnip (raap-puree) was not a big success... :-) but is was good fun, we had haggis, recited Burns poems and drank whisky (just a wee bit...) :-) i will post some pictures tomorrow or tonight!