13.1.06

My Personal God


Anybody who knows me a little bit, knows that I am a huge fan of Nick Cave. It all started when I studied in Leuven and my housemate Stijn introduced me to this dark and mysterious artist. I immediately fell in love with the gloomy ballads on the Boatman's Call and the morbid Murder Ballads.

So far I have seen Nick Cave perform three times, and three times in a different country; in Belgium, London and once in Chicago – the last one was by far the best one of the three. Three encore-sessions ending in a crazy version of Stagger Lee…

His concert in Edinburgh will be – what he calls - a “solo performance”, so not with the Bad Seeds and hence more intimate and less noisy, although he will take with him his violin player, plus bass and drum. It is not certain – however – that I will be going to see him here in Edinburgh, since I was too late for tickets and now I have to join the bidding-frenzy on Ebay… wish me luck!

5 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck! Luck!

Anoniem zei

Denk niet dat Wen hem gaat laten gaan :o) hoe hard sarah ook roept
dikke kus

Anoniem zei

Look at me! Putting music from Cave and Pink Martini on my Player for tomorrow.
All thanks to you!

Stoffel zei

didn't win the tickets... am now bidding on a single ticket... have put in my same top-price as i did for two... religion doesn't come cheap!

Anoniem zei

Congratulations to the ticket to Nick Cave for 20Pounds (originally 40!!!)