30.8.06

Tornado

Yesterday, I was visiting my parents in my hometown in the jungle under Brussels, and my mother told me something remarkable. In the town adjacent to ours, there had been a tornado!


Now when I think of tornado’s, I immediately see those killerscenes you can see in Hollywood-movies – houses torn apart, cars upside down in trees, screaming antagonists who always seem to be able to run just a bit faster than the tornado itself. Apparently - and luckily - in this case the tornado turned out to be a very small one, just in a meadow (of which there are a lot in that area) and did no harm to men nor beast…

it’s reassuring to know that even tornado’s adapt themselves to the scale of my very small hometown…



By the way, tonight on Canvas they broadcast one of my all-time favourite movies, Bram Stoker's Dracula! definitely worth watching!

4 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Tornado in Pepingen City!! Barricade your houses, climb in your air raid shelter!! hehe

Anoniem zei

was dat niet gewoon de buurman die een scheet liet?

Sarah zei

Al goed dat jij er niet in stond of je was weggewaaid ;)

Miss K zei

Die tornado blijft maar razen blijkbaar!? I guess no news is good news....