7.9.06

Come un lampo di vita...

Last night, for Joris's birthday, i had bought him tickets to go and see "Alegria", from cirque du soleil in Brussels. Joris works for a cultural festival in Antwerp and I wanted to show him that culture and commerce can go hand in hand and deliver a beautiful product all the same...

However I fear that yesterday's "Alegria" failed to convince. I had seen the same show a couple of years ago and remember that i found it a truly magical experience. But after yesterday's show, it all felt a bit dissapointing. The acts were more divided, there wasn't anymore that magical "flow"that melted one act into the other. And there were stupid clown acts that abruptly changed the mood between acts.

To me, Alegria has lost a bit of its original weight, and that - my dear friends - is a pity ;-)

3 opmerkingen:

Miss K zei

Was the show really different or was it just less magical because you had seen it before? I have the same with Night of the Proms (the antwerp version, not the british version). The first time was magic and with lots of 'ooh' and 'aah' moments, but it was a lot less magical the year after...

Stoffel zei

the show was different. they changed some acts and also the order of the acts (i think).

watch out, because there is a proms-professional among us, reading us... i am expecting a comment any time now :-)

Alrac zei

I just bought some tickets to see it next February in Barcelona...
Oops! It will be my first time, though!