25.9.06

God was in the house

With some re-scheduling and putting priorities in my calendar-activities, I managed to go and see Nick Cave anyway on Sunday-night. And - for me - it was divine. I have not much adoration for many artists, but only one, and that is Nick Cave. And he totally lived up to the expectations. He was charming, in good shape, witty, talkative and very funny. The play list was very similar to the gig I saw in Edinburgh a couple of months ago. Nick Cave has the ability to play his own songs in such a different way (Henry Lee goes wild or The Mercy Seat on a slow train) but still in his unmistakingly Nick Cave-style. For me, pure heaven... Add a fresh piece of midnight-strawberry cake with friends and you have a recipe for a perfect night!

2 opmerkingen:

jaaan zei

I saw and heard and he conquered.
Nick was good!

Miss K zei

Totally agree! It was a splendid evening: great performance, good music and very yummy strawberry pie :-)