21.9.06

Where do we go but nowhere...

He has been mentioned in my blog before (and is the inspiration even for its title), and might be mentioned many more times I hope. Next week I have – or better "had"– in my calendar a big fat date marked: Sunday 24/09. That day was circled in red because my all-time-hero would perform that night in Belgium: Nick Cave.

I have seen him perform the same show in Edinburgh a couple of months ago, one of the better shows of Cave I have seen. As soon as i knew that he was coming to Belgium, i bought these tickets. But now my own musical project (what’s in a name), the
choir, has planned its first rehearsal on that same day and being present is obligatory! I dare say that – if Cave had not scheduled a second gig on Monday – I would have had strong doubts of participating in the first place!

Leaves me still with one problem: swapping my tickets… I have posted several messages on fan-forums to swap my tickets, but no-one seems to be interested… does anybody have some creative ideas to get me into the Monday-night gig?

3 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

Call the agency where you bought the tickets and ask them to trade them in?

Miss K zei

mm - difficult one! I don't know who's idea it was, but I think it's still worth trying calling StuBru. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of Cave fans amongst their listeners. Or call the ticket service where you bought the tickets, maybe they had a similar question from someone else? In case you can't find anyone, I'm willing to buy your ticket :-)

Miss K zei

aha Sarah! Getting our message on at the same time... great minds think alike :-)