23.8.05

Love of my life

I want to talk about love, because maybe sometimes you just talk a bit too little about it, maybe you sometimes don't mention it in certain blogs, but it is there, and it is so overwhelming and powerful that on a day-to-day basis it is maybe too obvious, so here is my ode to love.

My love of my life is my friend Joris, and unfortunately he lives at this moment in Belgium, so not here with me in Edinburgh. Needless to say that I miss him very much and that it is very difficult sometimes to be here alone. Also needless to say that making decisions (see "being Edinburgh) is much more complicated and intense.

This thursday I go back again to Belgium to meet him and enjoy the wonderful time of being together; Just enjoying his great sense of humor or him seeing working for the summerfestival gives great satisfaction. It fills me with a great warmth...

And so sometimes you forget to mention this, in conversation or in blogs, and because other people are better with words than I am... so for all people who recognise these feelings, please read carefully

Dark as roses, fine as sand
Feel your healing and your sting again
Hear your laughing and my soul is saved
On forgotten graves you cry
Crawl like ivy up my spine
Through my nerves and into my eyes
Cuts like anguish or recollection
Of better days gone by

But it's alright when you're caught in pain
And you feel the rain come down.
It's alright when you find your way
Then you see it disappear
It's alright though your garden's grayI know all your graces
Someday will flower in a sweet sunshower

Eyes like oceans, so far away
A feather trail to a better way
Worried mornings turn into days
Then into worried nights
But it's alright all you'll be you are today

By Chris Cornell - Sunshower

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

om even stil van te worden ... heel mooi x

Anoniem zei

dank je wel liefste kris... mijn latente aanwezigheid in je blog is voorgoed vergeven!
I love you very much!
X