1.8.05

sunday night at the movies

I love going to the movies on a Sunday night. It can help to fight the Sunday-blues and it can be a nice way to end a beautiful weekend and hopefully begin a splendid week.

It has been a while since I last went to the cinema and even longer has it been since I did that on my own. Going alone to the watch a movie doesn’t bother me at all, especially with a theatre at a 2 minute walk from my doorstep. And going to the movies is a lone experience anyway – it can help you to get into the film easier. (note: it is not that I don’t like going to the movies with others, au contraire)
I do have lots of good memories of seeing films on my own, such as Gosford Park (which I went to see three times, a) because I didn’t understand everything the first time (dialects) and b) because it is such a fantastic movie)

Yesterday I went to see Charlie and The Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp. It was really good, with hilarious musical intervals…but…I was not overwhelmed – Probably I was expecting too much of Depp after Pirates and Finding Neverland…

In the previews I also saw a lot of promising movies that are about to be released such as the Wallace and Gromit longplay-movie and Corpse Bride (animation movie directed by Tim Burton)… looking forward to autumn…

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Looking forward to reading more of your film reviews... I haven't been to the movies for a long time either. It's always nice to read a little something about it before actually going.

(let's see if the clock is correct this time!)

x

Anoniem zei

Hurray! The clock is correct! (at least for Belgium, it's an hour ahead of Edinbrrrr...)