31.8.05

rain down on me



aah back in Edinburgh and the difference couldn't be bigger... since I arrived in Belgium, the weather improved every day until today 30 degrees Celsius - and now here in Scotland more than 10 degrees colder and grey and rainy...

It is also a bit how I feel after 5 exhausting but exhilarating days in Belgium. And everything went so fast... from sitting at the summerbar with Joris, to visiting friends, seeing my family back, picking up Alli and Emilie at the airport, the crazy birthday-party for Joris (remind me to tell you a story about this event, something truly shocking) a lazy afternoon in Antwerp, crazy party in my hometown...

A visit like this always let me long to go back to live in Belgium; I realise that I get a wrong image during such a travel; everybody is very happy to see you, they make a lot more time for you; but still...



2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

...but still we would LOVE it when you would come back home!! I had the same feeling returning from London after 1.5 years; you think you idealize living back home, but being back just made me appreciate even more what I have here. Although it's exciting living abroad, after a while it isn't 'new' and 'adventurous' anymore, it becomes your normal day-to-day life. And even if it makes you feel a bit more 'special' when you visit the home front because you are the brother or friend that lives abroad, you'll still be special to us when you return, just because you are you.
Don't be influenced what you think other people think, follow your gut feeling, if you'd like to come back home, come back, if you'd like to stay a bit longer, stay longer... we'll love you just the same.
x

Anoniem zei

Jep, very true...
But still, it would be very nice to have you back here!
xx