17.8.05

spectacular spectacular



Wow....wow......
I went with the Spanish to a circus-performance yesterday called ImMortal2 by the artistic circus company NoFITstate

it was a long time ago already that i felt so captivated by a performance but yesterday's show really opened again parts of my heart and mind that had been closed for a while. During two hours I was taking away on magical journey through artistic circus and theatresque acrobatics.
I think one of the elements that enhanced this feeling was the fact that it was not a typical circus where you have to sit down and watch the show. In fact in this circus there are no seats at all and you only have to walk around in the big tent and watch the action around you. There is always one main "scene" going on, but all the other actors around interact and perform as well.

There's live, superb music, singing, dancing, humour, anger, love, one very sensual acrobatics act on a rope... aaah I cannot start explaining how good it was, if you can you really should try to go and look for yourself. It transformed me back to antwerp, where this circus could be a top attraction during the yearly Summer of Antwerp Festival, so I told Joris to go and have a look at it, so who knows, maybe next year in Belgium... ImMortal2

Geen opmerkingen: